Do republicans really think they have a chance at the 2012 presidency?

I see no legitimate candidates from republicans (except Ron Paul who won't get the nomination anyway because he's too moderate for them). Rick Santorum said the economic and social security crisis is due to abortion. Come on, really? Michele Bachmann is straight up retarded. Same with Sarah Palin plus... show more I see no legitimate candidates from republicans (except Ron Paul who won't get the nomination anyway because he's too moderate for them). Rick Santorum said the economic and social security crisis is due to abortion. Come on, really? Michele Bachmann is straight up retarded. Same with Sarah Palin plus she's really disliked. Newt Gingrich said our country is going to be "a secular atheist nation ruled by radical islamists". There isn't enough time to explain what's wrong with this statement. Everyone I see in the Republican party is either a religious fanatic or really, really dumb. Do republicans really think they have a chance at the 2012 presidency.

NOTE: I am not being super pro-Obama because I do not agree with much of what he has done especially Libya, but I would vote for him over any of the potential republicans thinking about presidency except Ron Paul.
11 answers 11