Why do U.S. Senators have unlimited 6-year terms?

Honestly, a senator can stay in office for nearly two decades while only winning three elections (18 years), and hardly get expelled or recalled with low approval ratings. Senators (and House members and the President) can also get healthcare and pension benefits FOR LIFE after serving for only one term (I know the... show more Honestly, a senator can stay in office for nearly two decades while only winning three elections (18 years), and hardly get expelled or recalled with low approval ratings. Senators (and House members and the President) can also get healthcare and pension benefits FOR LIFE after serving for only one term (I know the president pension started after Truman). Along with this, why do Supreme Court justices get life terms with no elections and can pretty much make the call for any court or legislative decision (In a way acting like the Ayatollah's council in Iran). I guess I might just be angry at our government, but I have no clue as to how our Founding Fathers could not foresee this plight on democracy and republicanism, it's a disgrace at what our politicians have turned this nation into. Anyone else disgusted?
6 answers 6