500 mg glucose in urine, type one diabetic, kidney problems?

I have had some kidney issues with protein leaking into my urine but those were resolved (and there was no kidney damage). Lately I have been feeling very sick and my blood glucose levels have been high. I've been on the phone with my doctors changing insulin levels and trying to get it figured out and all... show more I have had some kidney issues with protein leaking into my urine but those were resolved (and there was no kidney damage). Lately I have been feeling very sick and my blood glucose levels have been high. I've been on the phone with my doctors changing insulin levels and trying to get it figured out and all bloodwork came back normal except that I have 500 mg of glucose in my urine. I don't have any ketones. My regular doctor didn't know what to say about this, so my endo is going to call me back sometime. In the meantime, any thoughts? Is it kidneys or diabetes?
A1C is 8.6.