child endangerment question?

i witnessed a fight almost break out in a parking lot when a father and mother with child *im assuming* started cussing out a young woman for not holding the door because she did not see them i heard a great many adult words fly from the fathers mouth then the boyfriend of the young woman *again assuming* stood up for his girlfriend, who was getting called the B W and C words, and told them man if he did not leave the boyfriend would call the police and he would face a child endangerment investigation .... my question is can u really face charges for something that that .... im not condoning the fathers choices i was about to say something to him but loss of custody and jail does seem a little harsh

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you are correct, that seems a bit harsh to me as well. No, they wouldn't face charges for CHILD ENDANGERMENT; however, they could be arrested for harassment and creating a disturbance in a public place. It depends on if the police were called, who answers the call. He/she would either write them up or arrest them OR simply let hem of with a warning..(The latter being the most likely.

Source(s): I have seen a similar incident at Walmart.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

HELLO TREY I WISH I COULD EMAIL YOU BUT WHAT EVER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. YOU ARE RIGHT I HAD JUST GOT DOWN EMAIL ONE OF THOSE GUYS THE EXACT SAME THING YOU TOLD THEM. I AM TRULLY SORRY FOR WHAT EVER DENT I HAD MADE IN MY COMMUNITY, I FEEL A PULL TO GIVE BACK. IN MY MIND I CANT JUST STOP DOING WHAT I WAS DOING I NEED TO START GIVING BACK INSTEAD OF TAKING. I DESTROYED SO MUCH. BUT YES I WILL DEFINTALY HINT TO IT. I CAN TELL HER SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF HOW IM WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES,WHATEVER IT TAKES, TO PULL MYSELF OUT OF THE HOLE I HAVE DUG FOR MYSELF, OOOOORRRRRR SOMTHING LIKE "IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO THATS OUTSIDE THE BOX TO HELP YOU DO YOUR JOB AND PRESERVE THE WELL BEING OF THE CITY. SHE'S NOT DUMB BUT I THINK I WILL JUST ASK A LAWYER FOR ADVICE OR TO ACTUALLLY BE THERE.

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Probably not child endangerment.

• 10 years ago

Given the right prosecutor and right set of involved individuals you could could. That is how sad some of our elected officials can be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.