child endangerment question?

i witnessed a fight almost break out in a parking lot when a father and mother with child *im assuming* started cussing out a young woman for not holding the door because she did not see them i heard a great many adult words fly from the fathers mouth then the boyfriend of the young woman *again assuming* stood up for his girlfriend, who was getting called the B W and C words, and told them man if he did not leave the boyfriend would call the police and he would face a child endangerment investigation .... my question is can u really face charges for something that that .... im not condoning the fathers choices i was about to say something to him but loss of custody and jail does seem a little harsh

Favorite Answer

you are correct, that seems a bit harsh to me as well. No, they wouldn't face charges for CHILD ENDANGERMENT; however, they could be arrested for harassment and creating a disturbance in a public place. It depends on if the police were called, who answers the call. He/she would either write them up or arrest them OR simply let hem of with a warning..(The latter being the most likely.

Source(s): I have seen a similar incident at Walmart.

HELLO TREY I WISH I COULD EMAIL YOU BUT WHAT EVER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. YOU ARE RIGHT I HAD JUST GOT DOWN EMAIL ONE OF THOSE GUYS THE EXACT SAME THING YOU TOLD THEM. I AM TRULLY SORRY FOR WHAT EVER DENT I HAD MADE IN MY COMMUNITY, I FEEL A PULL TO GIVE BACK. IN MY MIND I CANT JUST STOP DOING WHAT I WAS DOING I NEED TO START GIVING BACK INSTEAD OF TAKING. I DESTROYED SO MUCH. BUT YES I WILL DEFINTALY HINT TO IT. I CAN TELL HER SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF HOW IM WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES,WHATEVER IT TAKES, TO PULL MYSELF OUT OF THE HOLE I HAVE DUG FOR MYSELF, OOOOORRRRRR SOMTHING LIKE "IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO THATS OUTSIDE THE BOX TO HELP YOU DO YOUR JOB AND PRESERVE THE WELL BEING OF THE CITY. SHE'S NOT DUMB BUT I THINK I WILL JUST ASK A LAWYER FOR ADVICE OR TO ACTUALLLY BE THERE.

• ?

Probably not child endangerment.

Given the right prosecutor and right set of involved individuals you could could. That is how sad some of our elected officials can be.