Fired without informing the employee. Illegal?

I worked at this store for the whole first semester of my school year. Second Half I decided to join drama, which would take up 3 days out of the week. Keep in mind my schedule changes, it's unpredictable how many days or even which days for that fact I would work. I very often worked Tuesdays, Thursdays,... show more I worked at this store for the whole first semester of my school year. Second Half I decided to join drama, which would take up 3 days out of the week. Keep in mind my schedule changes, it's unpredictable how many days or even which days for that fact I would work. I very often worked Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays at night. Drama took over the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday workdays. I informed my boss of this in the very beginning, while I still had a chance to back out of it, He told me it would be fine and that we could work around it. Weeks went past and I still had no shifts, I texted him and he never texted me back. I even went in one day and he said he would be putting me back on the schedule next week. MONTHS passed by, we finally finished the Spring Production for Drama. I saw that my former coworker was online and messaged her and informed her that I was going to be able to go back with a full week availability, she then brought to my attention that I had actually been fired over a month ago. Not one word from my boss, he simply hired someone else and said he didn't have time for me to work. I still have not heard a word from him. I'm frustrated, because if I had known earlier, I would've began applying for new jobs right away. Is this legal for him to not inform me?
4 answers 4