Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 years ago

A guy who broke into my car is Suing me for breaking his nose?

It was 2am, I was on my balcony just sitting and on my phone.

Until I see 3 mexican guys in their 20s (not being racist but specific) stop near my car look inside and they starting pointing at stuff inside it.

I have my Medical Computer in there worth over $3,000 and it's not mine it's the Hospital I work for as a Technitian.

I quickly ran downstairs and waited to see if they would do something.

they broke 2 of the windows at ones! then i ran to them, they heard me and quickly ran.

I caught up to one and he started throwing punches at me, I felt bad because I knew he was lower class and Im not the violent type but the only way for me to stop him was to fight back..

i took one punch at his nose and he fell bleeding.

I called the cops afterwards.

Im afraid I will pleed guilty because I was in the Army and a kick boxer for a long time and I dont want them to think I was using these skills as my advantage.

also these guys looked way older than me..

please give me advice.

my dad told me i did the right thing because its about time someone does it. Couple of months ago someone stole all 4 wheels from my neighbors car..

while ago someone broke into my dads car and stole money, glasses, change etc..

please advice.

• LeAnne

Well, this simply sound's like another example of an over zealous lawyer trying to rip someone off.

The idiots who broke into your car will (I hope) be charged with attempted robbery and destroying your property in their attempt. That should tie them up for awhile. In the meantime, you might want to speak to a lawyer concerning your right to oppose this suit - I personally think it's rather a frivilous law suit.

Yes they can sue you. You are admitting guilt here. Hitting him. But it is hard usually in such cases to get a large settlement. Judges are not likely to give him much. But you never know. If I was the Judge. I would give him 2 cents, and make him pay for your time.

• Neil

Specific?No, that added nothing relevant.

No one with a lick of sense leaves valuables in a car parked outside at night.

How much of this happened?

You asked for advice. So here's mine: Stop making up nonsense and posting it on the Internet. Oh, and take a remedial English class.

Well yes the monetary system makes humans do what it takes. Most people don`t know that under the Patriot Act a box store can now shoot to protect inventory in civil unrest. I would counter sue.

I'd break his arm too that way he'll think twice before acting like an idiot and then trying to look like a victim.

I can tell that you're trying to be nice to them, but people like that don't deserve mercy. You did the right thing.

Depends on the judge and jury,, if they are liberals, you may be in trouble, because they think asking a Mexican for his green card is racist, so you can imagine what they would think if you actually hit one, they may go with a hate crime and charge you with 2 consecutive life sentences, under normal conditions, I would say Ha! Ha! just joking, but with this administration and Eric Holder, who knows ************************************************************************************************

It was self defense should be an open and shut case. You have the inherent right to protect yourself and your property.

Good on you! Those f*cking immagrants better go back too mexico...