Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Will Obama tell Americans to waste more time & money checking the air in their tires with gas prices up?

If 150 million vehicles have this done once a week, it would take 750 million minutes a week, or 12.5 million hours. The average hourly wage in the U.S. is now $18 per hour. Including workers not paid on an hourly rate, the number would be much higher. But at $18 per hour time costs on average, that comes to $225 million.

That amounts to $32.5 million per day. Not much different than the maximum that might be saved in gas costs.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401781,00.html...

Favorite Answer

You're an asszhole!

1st off, only cite reputable sources. Fox News is not reputable in any way.

2nd. People wouldn't be checking, or filling, their tires with air during work hours so there is no reason to include this in a calculation. If you do insist on accounting for this time you also have to account for the time it takes to fill up your gas tank. This is at least 5 times longer than the time it takes to check your tires and put air into one or two of them. Since the majority of people would not need to put air into their tires a couple of times a week it is probably much longer.

You should also account for direct oil subsidies, subsidies through tax breaks, and subsidies through the military or police for protecting their facilities in dangerous areas or foreign countries. The price of oil is far higher if the real price is included.

ur an idiot - I spent twice the $ usually spend on gas cuz i had a low tire - I was workin overtime and keepin my kid sister so I ddnt have to time to get it patched just had to time to put air in it

guess what - 2 weeks ago I got it patched and spent 1/2 the money I usually spend on gas

low air pressure causes ur gas milage to go up its just a fact

why are so many people blamin the pres for everything??

I ddnt hear this criticism when "Lets go to war at any expense" Dubbya Bush was in office

If you wish to drive with under inflated tires carry on.

Personally, I check the air in mine and I do it on my own time. Your inclusion of the cost of doing this is invalid.

It will save them money, they don't have to if they don't want to.