Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What's it like to live in Idaho?

just wondering...

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends where you live. If you live in Boise (the capital) it has the same city feel as any other nice city. It is really green for a city.

If you live anywhere else other than the cities you will experience the real Idaho. Towns are small, everyone knows everyone and I love it. You may not go to a museum for a gala on a Friday night but you will have a bonfire with some cold beer and some plucking on an acoustic guitar. It is laid back, country living. Highschools are important and the athletics are great. If you come from Idaho-it is kind of expected that you love Josh Ritter's music.

You must understand that the majority of the state is Republican and gun rights and wolf hunting are huge topics up here. In southern Idaho you have potato farms and in northern Idaho you have wheat, lentils, hops, canola, and barley. Agriculture is huge. Respect the farmers or get out. It is a simple but beautiful life. I have loved growing up in Moscow, Idaho (about 22,000) which has the University of Idaho. It is a great town that is like a teeny weeny city and not so po-dunk. Coeur d'Alene is bigger than Moscow but smaller than Boise and is also beautiful. I love it here. You can personal message me if you have any more specific questions about Moscow or Idaho in general.

All the best,

Girly J

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.