Can you answer this question on Christianity?

I recently heard a Christian friend say, "I believe we all have different lives to fulfill some different purpose on the earth." What are these different purposes? How, according to your belief, does one go about finding one's purpose of life? I REQUEST atheists, to simply skip this question,... show more I recently heard a Christian friend say,
"I believe we all have different lives to fulfill some different purpose on the earth."

What are these different purposes? How, according to your belief, does one go about finding one's purpose of life?

I REQUEST atheists, to simply skip this question, and avoid giving sarcastic comments on an issue that is not relevant to you.
Update: Your answers have led to one more question - What is His (God's) purpose for you? Any means of finding that? PS: Atheists, I REQUEST you to do join in, and give your answer. I will filter them and get to the 'relevant' (and sensible) answers that come. ;) Also, I didn't question an atheist's (or an African... show more Your answers have led to one more question -
What is His (God's) purpose for you? Any means of finding that?

PS: Atheists, I REQUEST you to do join in, and give your answer. I will filter them and get to the 'relevant' (and sensible) answers that come. ;) Also, I didn't question an atheist's (or an African baboon's) capacity to have a purpose in life. I merely was asking for the Christian's notion of it.
Update 2: PPS: Atheists, my original intent was not to be rude of be insulting. But I see that in the earlier para, I haven't been able to resist the temptation to get back. (Your barrage of answers, in spite of my sincere request, put me off.) All the same, I was mistaken in being rude, and I AM SORRY. I hope you'll be... show more PPS: Atheists, my original intent was not to be rude of be insulting. But I see that in the earlier para, I haven't been able to resist the temptation to get back. (Your barrage of answers, in spite of my sincere request, put me off.)
All the same, I was mistaken in being rude, and I AM SORRY. I hope you'll be large-hearted and will forgive. No harsh feelings. Cheers.