How to cancel a ACH Debit?

I have had a credit card paid in full for over a year. The card has expired and the account closed. But I am still having a ACH payment taken out of my checking account. I have called the credit card company numerous times and the said the cannot cancel the ACH that I need to cancel it with my bank, even though... show more I have had a credit card paid in full for over a year. The card has expired and the account closed. But I am still having a ACH payment taken out of my checking account. I have called the credit card company numerous times and the said the cannot cancel the ACH that I need to cancel it with my bank, even though I NEVER set this up with the bank. I contacted my bank put a Stop on the ACH (which cost $34). But the bank said the Stop on the ACH is only good for 180 days. After 180 days the ACH debits CAN resume because the credit card company still has my information. They suggested that I cancel my bank account and reopen another to cancel it indefinitely. I really don't want to close my account. What should I do?
2 answers 2