Are Hb2 pencils for drawing?

I have hb2 pencils at home. People usually use it for writing in class. I'm wondering if hb2 pencils are for drawing. Are they? My portrait teacher says we should use 4h, 2h, hb, 2b, and 4b for doing our portraits. He didn't mention anything about an hb2 pencil. That's why i'm so curious!

Favorite Answer

I use them all the time. They just don't give a really dark dark. Ebony and 6b are good for that. That's probably why your teacher didn't really mention them. I use hb2 for preliminary sketching and outlines cause it's easy to erase.

1

Source(s): Pencil Portraits Course http://emuy.info/RealisticPencilPortrait

If you intend to know how to draw a reasonable eye like a specialist then you definitely require that manual: Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery eBook from here https://tr.im/JheSB .

Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery will illustrates you the methods to dispose the absolute most true mix-ups when drawing elements of eyes, system for painting small points of interest on eyes with applying a mixed eraser, utilizing  features, shadows in drawing eyes.

Christopher Sia is the writer of this guide and he has spent a lot of time and work into producing this amazing home study course.

That course consists of 5 drawing eBook s in PDF structure totaling 208 pages of step-by-step material and 605 top quality drawings and images.  Together, these remarkable resources can manual you detailed through the method of pencil portrait pulling mastery.

To be honest, not much of a gift since I've gotten plenty of these for just hanging out one evening. Unless this is a finished work,showing some real time put into it, it's about like getting dinner made for you.

• Jay

I'm sure it's fine to use it.