Error 33 - World at War on PS3?

Ok, yesterday my friend and I gameshared on World at War so I could get the map packs (On the PS3). I created a new account using his existing email and stuff. After four hours, the maps downloaded and I logged out of the new account and into my main one. The maps worked fine and I was able to play the maps on my main account. Now today, when I try to play World at War online, the maps are gone on my main account and I can't even play online multiplayer anymore. It says "Unable to connect to Activision Matchmaking (Error 33)." Any help?

Favorite Answer

mine is doing the same thing but dont delete you maps or anything like that. the reason its happening is because they are fixing to have an update soon or a patch it will be fixed.

I just had the same issue. If they're taking the servers down they'll get a good amount of flaming from the community. I know people who still play COD4 online, and I personally don't like Black Ops too much so I play the older CODs when I'm in the COD mood. I'll just try tomorrow and see if I get the same thing.

Edit: I just tried COD4 and MW2 online and they both worked, so it's got to be the COD5 servers.

Source(s): Personal exp.
  • ai

I merely had the comparable subject. in the event that they are taking the servers down they are going to get a great volume of flaming from the community. i understand people who nevertheless play COD4 on line, and that i in my opinion do in comparison to Black Ops too a lot so I play the older CODs while i'm interior the COD temper. i will merely try day after today and spot if i'm getting the comparable component. Edit: I merely tried COD4 and MW2 on line and that they the two labored, so it is have been given to be the COD5 servers.

I have suspicion to believe that Activison shut down the World at war servers, or they are doing some sort of work to them. I have yet to check on Xbox 360. Like I said with the amount of hackers on WAW they might be resetting them them, or sadly shutting them down because of lack of players.

Source(s): Only observation

They should just be resetting the servers for an update. Hopefully if that is the case all of the hackers on there will be gone or reset. I really hope they didn't take the servers offline.

The world is not at war right now.

Source(s): Mine doesnt work either

Ouch, sounds like you have a tough situation.

pOSSIBLE cHOICES:

1:delete the maps

2:check internet connection

3:clean the disk

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, CONTACT ACTIVISION!!!

Source(s): my awesomeness of call of duty and stuff...