16 year old making doctor's appointment without parents there?

I am 16 years old and believe that I may have social anxiety disorder. I am SICK and tired of it, the social anxiety that is, and I would like to know if I'm eligible for medication. The thing is, when I told my parents about this, they refused to take me to the doctor because they didn't feel it was... show more I am 16 years old and believe that I may have social anxiety disorder. I am SICK and tired of it, the social anxiety that is, and I would like to know if I'm eligible for medication. The thing is, when I told my parents about this, they refused to take me to the doctor because they didn't feel it was necessary. (overly old-fashioned)

Therefore, I'm wondering if I can make my own appointment and drive myself in to see if I have this disorder and possibly be prescribed medication for it, or if I need to have a guardian with to sign any paperwork.