how to disconnect the chat room from my yahoo mail account?

when I log into yahoo mail a string of chat people slow down my computer and I can go into my mail or use my search engines. How can I disconnect those chat people from my yahoo mail account.?

Favorite Answer

You can disable the Chat feature, so it doesn't interfere with your normal usage of your mail.

With your mail page open---look for the IM contact list on the left hand side. Click where your status says “Available” and then select “Sign out of Chat”. This will disable the feature.

Yes, the little blue box is still on the page under the trash---but it's disabled,-- until and/or IF you choose to activate it.