Robert V asked in SportsBoxing · 9 years ago

Jorge Solis said Gamboa hit harder than Pacquiao. Possible?

• Sean G
    Best Answer

It's possible. Solis went 7 rounds with Manny Pacquiao (only 2 knockdowns). Gamboa knocked Solis down 5 times in 4 rounds. Solis would know. Gamboa has a 89% KO rate. Pacquaio has a 67% KO rate. Those numbers indicate Gamboa may be a harder hitter.

Quite possibly. I've always been a big Gamboa fan, but I am a bigger Pacquiao fan as well. But keep in mind that even though Gamboa did KD Solis 5 times in their fight to finally end it, Pacquiao only needed to KO Solis once to end the fight.

• Yes, entirely possible.

Pacquiao had much better punching power at featherweight, but Gamboa is on another level with his power.

It's like he's on another level with both his speed and power. It's almost inevitable that when Gamboa hits someone with either hand flush, his opponents gets KO'd. I feel he's the hardest hitter at 126, and that JuanMa is just slightly less powerful.

I'd rather face Pacquiao at 126 then Gamboa, you can't even see the punches coming, that's how fast he is, and you don't even remember them hitting you, because you are waking up after being KO'd in brutal fashion.

• David

Yes it's possible, Pacquiao isn't the hardest puncher. People just think that because of the way he fights. This is the second time in a week I've seen someone say that Pacquiao doesn't hit that hard.

Manned space flights are possible.so yes...Solis said it and i believe him.im not real impressed with Solis' ability to be a great fighter.what exactly has he done? he doesn't even have the fighter's look.he seemed scared and passive.at least in that fight.i will look up all about him.

look at gamboa ..he has the mini tyson look lol im sure the dude packs a punch .. pacman use to be way lighter and is used to being fast then powerful I can see it but I think this guy just hates pacman ..

It is possible because after his fight with Manny Pacquiao before, he said that his wife hit harder than Manny. I don't know how many times his wife knock him out. His wife is a better fighter.

Gamboa is a beast I think it is possible