Can the 3Ds do video chat?

Or are there any future plans for it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As of this moment, Video Chat isn't available for the 3DS. The closest thing to video chat for the DS to this point would've required Friend Codes, which were made "useless" with the 3DS (note: you probably still need them). Most "video chat" options would've included chatting on a game, so your choices of who to chat with are limited to gamers.

Despite all that, there is hope for 3DS chatting; the PSP has Skype, so why can't the 3DS have something similar, or even Skype itself? It has cameras (even if they're pretty bad) and a microphone, so it could work. I expect that, with things like Netflix being set up, there will eventually be a video chat option. But not right now.

• kuder
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

3ds Video Chat

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

There are plans in the future with updates that will allow you to video chat. In some games already, if you have a dsi, dsi XL, or a 3ds you can video chat (like pokemon black and white if you go in the union room).

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axYvF

I think the 3DS needs Pictochat compatibility with the original DS. I am hoping that is will get it through an update and there should be no reason it could not get it. Unfortunately no solid information on updates have been given other than Netflix in the Summer. It is a shame that it did not launch with a web browser installed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

RE:

Can the 3Ds do video chat?

Or are there any future plans for it?

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

there's plans

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Maybe so

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.