Why do people throw out "the racist" card so much?

I was recalling the time in high school, I was in history & we were studying about slavery. There was a lot of tension. Lots of black people saying how white people made everyone suffer & it's their fault for every violent thing. Yes, what those white people did was very, VERY wrong. But I am not just white,... show more I was recalling the time in high school, I was in history & we were studying about slavery. There was a lot of tension. Lots of black people saying how white people made everyone suffer & it's their fault for every violent thing. Yes, what those white people did was very, VERY wrong. But I am not just white, no, I have native american blood in me. Yeah, native Americans weren't treated well at all either. They're homes were taken from them & they were brutally murdered. I stated this in history & you could just feel the tension. Then a girl said, "I don't think that amounts to what we went through. You just being racist." WHY??? I was just making the point that every race has suffered somehow & it no suffering is greater than another. Everyone has had pain, we shouldn't focus on who has had more, but how to stop it.
Update: I'm sorry if I offended anyone by stating my blood line. No, I am not full Native American & I wasn't raised their way of life. I wish I was, cause the "little" blood is still there. I wish I knew what other blood I had in me as well, since my dad is adopted, I have no idea. I'm sure that connecting with my... show more I'm sorry if I offended anyone by stating my blood line. No, I am not full Native American & I wasn't raised their way of life. I wish I was, cause the "little" blood is still there. I wish I knew what other blood I had in me as well, since my dad is adopted, I have no idea. I'm sure that connecting with my ancestors roots would help me understand what they really went through. But my point still stands that everyone has felt pain & we should find ways to help stop it.