Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Air Force Academy, West Point, Duke, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder, Univ of Denver, or Colorado School of Mines?

I've been accepted to all of these colleges. Where should I go?

I live in Colorado Springs...so I live about 30 mins from the Air Force Academy.

I don't think I will have too much academic trouble at any of these places.

I'm planning on majoring in Chemical Engineering with a pre-med route.

I also have ROTC scholarships as well (Air Force, Navy, Army)

I'm really undecided at this point, and I must make a decision by May 1st.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Favorite Answer

If you're wanting to put more emphasis on a military career, I would certainly choose West Point or AFA. If you're wanting to to a couple of tours, and go the civilian route, I would say Mines or Duke. I'm not sure how the ChE program is at Duke, but Duke is a good school. I attended Mines and had many friends in the ChE program; all of which either went on to grad school or had jobs lined up when they graduated. Mines has both Army and Air Force ROTC programs (http://inside.mines.edu/MIL-Home). I'm partial to Mines because I went there. But I went there because of their overall reputation. I personally liked it because of it's location (30 minutes to Boulder, 30 minutes to downtown Denver, and 1:30 to Copper Mountain, lots of hiking, etc). Anyhow, hope that helps some.

Source(s): Mechanical Engineer (Mines '09)

Yea, West factor is an surprising decision in terms of lifelong acquaintances and getting to grasp. yet you may desire to be arranged for an 8 300 and sixty 5 days necessary stint in the protection tension branch of your choosing ;) i might say West factor for the reason which you will get appreciate from everybody by using fact even ignorant human beings think of of West factor as another measurement, while in case you tell somebody you're from Duke 10 years down the line, they're going to be like "Oh, it extremely is extremely cool, it extremely is a sturdy college!" (they simply be conscious of it for basketball, lol.)