I left boiled chicken in the water on the stove overnight...good or bad?

I boiled up some chicken thighs last night at 8 pm. I forgot to put the pot in the fridge. My house is 68 degrees. should I toss the chicken, or might it still be good? I wouldn't toss the chicken if I made a nice sandwich in the morning and didn't eat it until dinner time, so I am thinking I am still good. I will use the chicken for a casserole, so it will be fully cooked once again before eating

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

If you have left food out for more than two hours, it should be thrown out. If you made a sandwich in the morning, you wouldn't have left the sandwich in a pot of nice warm water - a perfect environment to grow bacteria.

Think about what the chicken cost you and compare that to what food poisoning would cost you in terms of pain and suffering, lost time, and perhaps medical bills.

• kier
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Boiled Chicken Left Out Overnight

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If in doubt, throw it out!! I had a friend who almost died from eating an egg that had been left out too long. She can never eat eggs or chicken for the rest of her life! I know it seems wasteful but you are much better off safe than sorry.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would toss it. The chances of getting food poisoning are really high. Food left out more than 4 hours can grow bacteria and it doesn't matter if you cook it again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I've done the same thing and ate it even though it felt wrong and ended up fine. I have been told to trash it otherwise. I don't think I would do it again because experiencing that kind of sickness is a bad deal and not worth the risk.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would cook the chicken in a frying pan and make a sandwich with cheese..

• 9 years ago

Id still eat it, if your worried turn the heat back on just long enough to bring it to a boil.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

chicken, i like chicken

• 9 years ago

not good or bad it is just food

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.