Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

According to the Bible/Torah Sarah was Abrahams sister, so does that make Isaac inbred? Are Jews from Isaac?

a) "Why saidst thou (O Abraham), she is my sister? So I might have

taken her to me to WIFE . . . now take her (Sarah) and go thy

Way." GENESIS 12:19

(b) "And yet INDEED she (Sarah) is my sister (!) . . . and she

became my (Abraham's) WIFE." GENESIS 20:12

Why is incest allowed in the Bible and not homosexuality, aren't they both evil things (its not Just allowed in this section, but with Lot and his daughters, I can understand with the first children of Adam because they were the only people, but when the world was full of people why does the Bible still allow it?)

Are Jews descended from Abraham marrying his sister Sarah, does that make Jews inbred, also they like to marry within their own race?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

King James Version Bible

2 Peter Chapter 1

2. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

[Validity of the Book of Jasher]

====================================================

2 Samuel Chapter 1

18. (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah [the use of] the bow: BEHOLD, [IT IS] WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF JASHER.)

Joshua Chapter 10

13. And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. [IS] NOT THIS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF JASHER? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

====================================================

The Book of Jasher: Chapter 1

12. And the Lord God drove them that day from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which they were taken, and they went and dwelt at the east of the garden of Eden; and Adam knew his wife EVE and she BORE two sons and THREE DAUGHTERS.

33. And at that time Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, from the place where he was, and he went moving and wandering in the land toward the east of Eden, he and all belonging to him.

34. And Cain knew his wife in those days, and she conceived and bare a son, and he called his name Enoch, saying, In that time the Lord began to give him rest and quiet in the earth.

[After the population began to spread and pure gene pool began to deteriorate, incest became an abomination.]

Leviticus Chapter 18

5. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I [am] the LORD.

6. NONE OF YOU shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover [their] nakedness: I [am] the LORD.

9. The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, [whether she be] born at home, or born abroad, [even] their nakedness THOU SHALT NOT UNCOVER.

Deuteronomy Chapter 27

20. Cursed [be] he that lieth with his father's wife; because he uncovereth his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.

22. Cursed [be] he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.

[Note: Even scientists agree that man had to start with two people. If you do not believe in Christ and God the Father by Him, nor do you believe in science, what do you believe?]

John Chapter 3

12. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you [of] heavenly things?

John Chapter 5

43. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that [cometh] from God only?

John Chapter 16

1. These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

1 Corinthians Chapter 4

14. I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn [you].

Genesis Chapter 19

23. The sun was risen upon the earth when LOT entered into Zoar.

24. Then the LORD RAINED upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah BRIMSTONE AND FIRE from the LORD out of heaven;

26. But HIS WIFE looked back from behind him, and she BECAME A PILLAR OF SALT.

30. And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31. And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father [is] old, and [THERE IS] NOT A MAN IN THE EARTH to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32. Come, LET US MAKE OUR FATHER DRINK WINE, AND WE WILL LIE WITH HIM, that we may preserve seed of our father.

Isaiah Chapter 5

22. WOE UNTO [THEM THAT ARE] MIGHTY TO DRINK WINE, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Ephesians Chapter 5

18. And BE NOT DRUNK with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

James Chapter 1

13. LET NO MAN SAY when he is tempted, I AM TEMPTED OF GOD: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Genesis Chapter 19

33. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and HE PERCEIVED NOT WHEN SHE LAY DOWN, nor when she arose.

34. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, [and] lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

35. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and HE PERCEIVED NOT WHEN SHE LAY DOWN, nor when she arose.

36. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

James Chapter 1

16. Do not err, my beloved brethren.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jodi D
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

In the early Hebrew language, the word that meant "sister" was also used to describe any female relative of the same generation. So, Sarah may have been Abraham's cousin, not his sister. Even if she was his sister, Abraham and his wife lived before the Law was given to Moses, so it doesn't apply to them anymore than it did to the children of Adam and Eve..

Lot's daughters seduced him when he was drunk because they thought the fire and brimstone that fell on Sodom had destroyed everyone on earth, execpt for themselves and their father. They hoped to begin repopulating the world.

As for Jews marrying within their own race, until recent times, most people married within their own races.

Yes, Jews are descendants of Isaac. Muslims are descended from Ishmael, the son of Abraham's alliance with Sarah's handmaid, Hagar.

• 9 years ago

First, marrying a half sister such as Abraham did with Sarah, has been legal throughout most of human history, and is quite different than a father sleeping with his daughters.

Secondly, neither is condoned, and Lot's daughters' actions are explicitly condemned.

Yes, the Jew are descended from Abraham marrying his half sister...

When you look at something, anything really, you have to look at what it is really saying.. That particular part of the bible is later touched upon in Hebrews, where the writer of Hebrews makes the statement that Abraham's faith was credited to him as righteousness. If was his obedience and faith in what God told him to do that God credited to him as righteousness. It was not Abraham's good works, his perfect life, nor his puritanical values that caused him to become the father of 'many nations'; no, instead it was as a gesture of what was to come with Jesus, a substitution of what was believed, for what was actually done. God took his actual works, and substituted his faith; God takes our actual works, and substitutes the perfection of Jesus Christ.

All sin is addictive and destructive, and it is only by the grace of God that any of us are forgiven.

ps. if you don't agree with my presuppositions, then we have no grounds for debating anything else i have said, so just, go somewhere else to talk.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Genesis chapter 11 says that Sarah was his wife. Abraham lied about Sarah being his wife to the Egyptians, because the Egyptians didn't fear GOD. Lot's daughters because of their disobedience had made their father drunk and slept with him. Their children were Moab, the father of the Moabites, and Benammi, the father of the Ammonites.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Actually Sarah was his cousin of some sorts.

See what you're doing is taking the text where Abraham pretended that Sarah was his sister in Egypt and turning it into something it's not.He said he was her brother because he feared Pharoa would have him killed if he knew Sarah was his wife.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You read, but you don't understand. Sarah was not his sister. She said she was so that Abraham would not be killed. She was a beautiful women desired by other men.

• 9 years ago

actually these are inventions or man made additions or going away.

These details were never there in the first place.

therefore neither bible nor torah in their origin preached any of the two.

To clear the God's words of these man made inventions, The God has revealed the last testament: koran.

of the true Christians and Jews, those who have read koran once, as they read they cry and say out indeed these are the words of the God. amen.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

1 Cor.14:34-35 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I see that you are trying to interpret some religious verse in such way as to insult and demean an entire group of people.

What a pleasant person you must be.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.