Scared out of my mind, Herpes Question?

So I spent the night at a friends house, I was half sleep and she gave me a water bottle, not realizing later on I realize it was hers, but I always screw off the top. She has genital herpes... and I dont know if she way have oral herpes, now... waking up and realize it wasnt my water, I freaked the F**K out... next last night when we had some drinks, I didnt have alot of alcohol, she had to take a piss, so as nasty as it was she took it outside and didn't wash her hands, I was grossed out and she asked me to drive, forgetting that she didnt wash her damn hands I drove us home and wiped my hands down with antibacterial wipes after realizing, right when we got to her house, I also wiped down my face, but I ate some peanuts after that. I am a virgin who has never done ANYTHING, only kissed one guy two yrs ago, terrified of herpes or any other diseases, I am so frightened I am gonna go to the doctor and tell them about this. How likely can I get herpes from this? my cousin said chances are slim other than the her hands she didnt wash which is hell of risky, he is a nurse. >_> anyway for my own conscious, I want more than one person to give me their intake on this.

Favorite Answer

Very slim. You're not going to get genital herpes from sharing water or drinks.

If she had a cold sore on her mouth at the time you shared drinks then you have a small chance of getting oral herpes. The virus doesn't last for more then seconds when it's out side of the body and it doesn't like to live in fluids.

Oral herpes is very common to have, you could have them all ready. People that have them usually get them during child hood by being innocently kissed by some one that has cold sores. You can also have them with out getting break outs.

3

Source(s): BREAKTHROUGH in Herpes Research http://Research.zHerpes.xyz/O7J6bx
  • bradly

If you confirmed poor then I would not fear approximately having herpes. This might be in grown hairs. Herpes customarily hurts while you contact an out holiday and it is customarily followed by means of a few itching, burning and or tingling signs on the time of an out holiday. Most individuals do have oral herpes or bloodless sores, it is not anything to have anxieties over. All it does is rationale a few sores or blisters customarily across the mouth. It's extraordinary for each and every one, a few individuals have the virus and they do not have very many out breaks or very massive sores or blisters. Most individuals that experience oral herpes have had bloodless sores when you consider that baby hood. If you desire to you'll return to the health care provider and feature them scan the bumps for herpes. This is a extra correct manner of trying out for herpes. If you scan too early you may also no longer have built ample antibodies on your blood, so your scan might have come again poor.

• Sarah

My best friend has had genital herpes for about eight months now, and it's been really rough. She's had about 7 outbreaks. Everywhere I read it says it stops flaring up so much after time, but its not getting less frequent for her. She's been on Antiviral meds the whole time, too. She also has type 1 diabetes which she has had her whole life, which really weakens her immune system. Will it ever get better?

But after a friend share this video everything has changed.

Natural Safe Herpes Remedy?

• SGR

The virus that causes herpes, HSV, is spread through direct skin-to-skin transmission. The possible of getting the herpes virus from touching something your friend has touched is extremely unlikely.

An excellent resource on herpes is at : http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/STDFact-Herpes.htm

If you have other questions for San Francisco Sex Information, you can reach us at ask-us@sfsi.org or call our information line at 415-989-SFSI.

Source(s): http://sfsi.org

Your cousins answer is accurate. Seeing a doctor never hurts either.

Source(s): 22 years emergency medical experience