Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 years ago

Is this bathing suit appropriate?

Read this through before answering, please. I posted a question earlier about which bathing suit people liked better, and most people chose the green one I posted. This is not a question of whether I'm too overweight to pull it off, either, I'm pretty skinny and small. Furthermore, I'm only an A cup, so it's not a question of whether I'll be "spilling out" of the top. As for the bottoms, I'll be wearing shorts over them. So I was just wondering, do you think this would be appropriate for my age? I'm 14. Please don't say I'm a slut or something mean like that, I'm really not. I do very well in school and I've never so much as kissed a boy yet. Thank you, 10 points to the answer I feel answered my question fully.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/juniors/swim/separ...

+Swim+Separates.jsp

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I think the bathing suit is very cute, not skimpy buuuut sometimes a triangle top is perceived as less skimpy and fits A cups better. I'm 16 and rather flat chested myself, so I'm judging from personal experience. Also when I say it's perceived as less skimpy it's because it doesn't show as much as a string bikini would. It's ultimately your decision though because when it comes down to it a small amount of skin is not that big of deal and you have to decide what you feel comfortable in.

Hope that helped make up your mind:)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It mostly depends on what you wearing it for. It is a tad skimpy though! But don't worry about people thinking your a slut. I'm going through that right now, the girls at my new school are calling me a hoe and a slut and all that stuff because of my shorts that i wear are half a inch shorter than dress code, but i never get in trouble for them. the other girls do all the time, so they get back at me like that. It makes them feel better about themselves i guess. anyways, if your worried that your bathing suit is to small try a different one in a similar style and pattern that covers more skin. Also a very good person too ask...your mother! if you feel embarrassed, or don't want to ask her, ask a friend's mother! Even a trusted female adult would be fine! its much much better to ask a person/people who know you than a bunch of strangers.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I totally disagree with the first answer. That swimsuit is not skimpy at all! In fact, I think it is quite nice and very suitable for young girls of your age. The top is nice and full and covers everything (even on the sides) and the bottoms are the same. Cute suit!

• 9 years ago

I thought the bathing suit was going to be skimpy after reading some comments but I must say that bikini is no wear near skimpy or slutty. It's a frigging bikini... It's cute! Wear it fabulously!

Source(s): I'm 14!! I'd wear it and Im a 32C and I take advanced classes! Lmao!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I really like it and think it is appropriate.

The only thing I would advise is to sew the triangles so that they can't slide side to side. All you need to do is sew the inner most side of each triangle. (innermost being between breasts).

sometimes when I wear a triangle top and dive they slide outwards (even tho it stays tied up) and end up partly under my underarm with a breast sticking out. it really isn't fun.

so I advise that you sew them :P

• 9 years ago

Personally, I love this swimsuit! It's not slutty at all. Your fourteen so you should be having fun with playful swimsuits like this one! If you try it on in the store and it seems inappropriate to you, then don't get it. But in the picture on that link it looks gorgeous, but still practical enough to swim in! Seeing other peoples reactions is always good, but if you try it on and love it or don't, it's your choice if you want to get it or not.

Hope this helped!!

Source(s): Me <3
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No I have seen 11 year olds wear bikinis like that

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Ultimately, I think its your call, it isn't inappropriate but it is pretty revealing!

I think with the shorts though, I don't think you'd be called a slut!

But if you want to be original and trendsetting, I'd follow after Taylor Swift in her retro swimsuit!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lad...

Sorry that link is huge!! :) But i think this is a cute and modest option!

• agh that's so cuute (:

i think it's totally appropriate. albeit i wouldn't go parading around in just that. the shorts over the bottoms are a great idea! i really like it & i think it will look great on you (:

• 9 years ago

people that call you a slut are total prudes. thats a really cute swimsuit, and i think you should totally wear it

hope i helped :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.