Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 9 years ago

What is your thoughts of Gamboa knocking Solis out faster than Pacquiao did?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

Gamboa has more skill than the Manny Pacqauio that fought Solis.

• Sean G
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I never saw Pacquiao/ Solis so it's hard to compare, but the fact is that HBO's people said Pacquiao went a tough 7 with Solis. Gamboa knocked him down 5 time in 4 rounds and he looked spectacular. That alone means little. The most profound thing I got from it what the post-fight in ring interview. Solis said that Gamboa hits harder than Pacquiao. This says a lot for a Featherweight and all the guys who have to fight him (Donaire, Lopez and Garcia). He can box and brawl and looked like everything you want in a fighter. His division is in trouble.

• 9 years ago

I've seen the fight, all i can say is that manny pacquiao is just toying solis for seven rounds...And the worst is that pacquiao at that time is not a skillfull fighter at all...If you've seen the fight you can say that manny is not looking to KO solis, he is not that aggressive for the first few rounds... Gamboa is a good fighter but fighting solis doesnt make him a great fighter...We all know solis is a trying hard bum...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

that fight was amazing but pacquiao then isnt the pacquiao we see today, the power is the same though and solis said after the gamboa fight that "pacquiao doesnt hit hard he just throws in volume, gamboa has power" something like that i forgot lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • cm
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

i think pacman hits harder than gamboa. gamboa drops solis 5 times before stopped. but manny stops him after the very first knockdown.

• 9 years ago

there's sooo much to compare here it's not fair to say this means he is better or worse than pacman or anything .. just they both KOd the same dude n he was quicker with it

maybe the guy didn't respect him , maybe his size..power..so many things can play a part in that so my thoughts are it means nothing really ..

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i fell asleep on it last night.im about to watch it now.i was kinda hoping that Solis would win but according to you...no cigar.

• 9 years ago

It is very difficult to compare like opponents. Hearns knocked out Duran, Duran went the distance with Hagler, Hagler knocked out Hearns.

Just because someone has a different outcome with a common opponent does not that when those two guys fight that common opponent fight will determine the fight.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.