What insects change drastically?

I am currently doing my art portfolio concentration thumbnails that is based on insects i need to know all the dirent insects that change drastyically.

FOR EXAMPLE(i already have these):

Cacoon -----> Betterfly

Nymph ------> Dragon fly

P.s I dont want any like flys because i want there to be a message and it cant contain any insects we look at negatively!Please help much appreciated!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

they are 3 kinds of insects: Ametabolous, hemimetablous, and holometabolous. Each kind undergoes DIFFERENT life stages, please know that not all insects have 4 life stages (they do not)

Holometabolous (egg -> larvae -> pupate -> adult) insects go through the most drastic changes of any insects. These are also the most evolved insects because by having a larval stage and they are able to eat specific nutrients and then pupate and use those nutrients to create very elaborate morphological structures:

-bees (specifically honeybees since we use honey)

-beetles (there are hundreds of beetle species you can focus on)

-moths (same order as butterflies though, lepidoptera)

-neuroptera (antlions, lace wings, dobson flies)

-mecoptera (scorpion flies)

- trichoptera (caddisflies)

all the other ones are considered "pests" (fleas, flies)

then there are Hemimetabolous insects (egg->nymph->adult) this change is not as drastic because the nymphs a lot of times just look like smaller wingless versions of the adults. Since they do not go through a larval stage they have a better chance of surviving, but they do not change into more complex adults, just bigger and with wings

but here they are:

- orthoptera (grasshoppers, crickets, katydids)

- mantodea (mantids)

- phasmatodea (stick bugs)

-epehmeroptera (mayflies) (water nymphs that live in water)

- odonata (dragonflies)

- plecoptera (stoneflies)

the other ones are probably considered "negative" (cockroaches, earwigs, termites)

but it would be cool if you could spin your art so that you make one of the "negative" insects and turn the image for that insect around, because they are only "negative" to us. All of the insects serve an important purpose in nature.

I would recommend that you include relevant info in your art. (if egg is laid in water, then draw it in water) and that you should probably stick with the holometabolous insects if you are going for dramatic

anyway good luck

Source(s): entomologist
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Insects have 4 life stages.

1. Egg

2. Larva

3. Pupa

4. Adult

The cocoon of a butterfly is the third stage. For the sake of art, a more dramatic change would be to show a caterpillar (butterfly larva) change to an adult butterfly.

• coma
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The have an effect on might be very enormous, and might fully difference the surroundings in the long run if the bugs weren't changed by means of different bugs. Exact penalties might rely at the surroundings and different elements, in such a lot instances the ecosystems might cave in and new and unique surroundings might need to arise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.