Question about modern day comics?

Are there any comics today that are truly history making? If you don't get what I mean, think of it this way: Are there really any comics being published today or even were published in the recent 10 years that are going to be looked back on and remembered thirty, forty, maybe even fifty years from now, like Action Comics 1 or Tales of Suspense 39 or Detective Comics 27?

Favorite Answer

Yes, I think so. Three examples that come to mind are:

1. "Death of Superman" - the storyline caught so much attention even the mainstream press was talking about it in newspapers & magazines.

2. "Watchmen" and "Dark Knight Returns" - both books changed how comics were written. Even today after 25 years, they are still highly regarded and considered 'must buys' for comic readers.

3. If I had to say a single memorable issue, Giant Size X-Men #1, for the first appearance of the new X-Men. (probably overshadows Wolverine's appearance in Incredible Hulk)

Speaking strictly about characters, most people recognize Superman or Batman but they couldn't tell you the comic that started it all. I think the same could be said about Spawn or, possibly, Hellboy.

the only thing i could think of is Superman/Batman volume 2, but only because of Michael Turner's version of supergirl