Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 years ago

How do I find a great guy in my area?

I tried online dating and that doesn't work for me. I used to work at a upscale retail store and the guys there were hot but some lack maturity. I am looking for a guy that has some maturity and is funny too. How can I find them? It is hard to find someone as friend first. I am a 22 year old college student and I don't find my classmates my type. I am looking for guys in their 30s but I don't know where to start except gym. What do you recommend?

Favorite Answer

Try going to the parks. As a 32 year old male I love nature. I've met some great people going for walks. There is also sports bars if you like that sorta thing. Express yourself in places that you like to be. Just for kicks you can go to Mcd's and use their wifi if they have it and work on your lap top while checking out cute guys that may come in. They have coffee (not bad) and it's friendly for the most part.

Gyms are also a great place to go. But generally I'm just there to workout and I'm focused on that. I want to get in and get done.

coffee shops are good too. Find places that help you express yourself. I can't say it enough- without getting into detail. You'll find you'll make friends and meet people you like

TTFN

• Frank

may be also try other types of activity clubs, may be indoor rock climbing, cycling club perhaps. Go back to the retail store because you could find some guy who asks you out. Join a local museum or a volunteer group also is useful. Bu I think you need to be pro-active too, you should consider striking up conversations with guys you like the look of and not be afraid to ask questions about their relationship status, in a subtle way of course.

• Aaron

hmmm i was gonna say clubs etc. but since u dont like guys that young. maybe try a park or have friends set u up. also if u see someone u like in a store on the street start a conversation and at the end give ur number to them u may find a winner that way

Get a part time job at a place that has alot of people your age working there. Because you will be around them alot, you will find friends there that may lead to something else, if not then the friends of the friends you make.

Church or other religious places, participating in clubs or something you like as a hobby (music, photography, yoga, etc). Best way to find someone you like is by doing something you like! Bound to find someone that interests you.

Stand on the street with a sign in your hand sayin "im ready"

itll work trust, u wont look desperate at all

just saying

the gym sounds good stick to that