what's wrong with the statement "I like everything except country and rap"?

I see it on memes and stuff.

I get that a lot of pre-teens say it or whatever. I'm sure I've said it many times myself (I'm not a pre-teen)

And it's sort of true... I do pretty much like everything, but much less country and rap.

So what's wrong with the statement? I don't understand

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's a) cliched, b) inaccurate, and c) lazy. There is no way someone likes "everything" with the exception of two gigantically-broad categories. "Everything" would encompass such niche genres as, say, medieval metal and shoe-gazer psychedelia and dubstep and classical sonatas and post-modern instrumental rock and modern lo-fi blues and grunge... it's very hard to believe someone would have such wildly eclectic tastes. More accurately, someone who says they live "everything but country and rap" probably really enjoys "every top 40 radio station except top 40 country and top 40 rap." It's much more telling for someone to give examples of what they actually like, or at least specific genres they actually like.

But that's just my opinion... you can like whatever you want!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

They both have many sub-genres which an individual may like, so saying you completely dislike a whole genre as a whole is very difficult considering you can't have heard every song that is classified in that genre and it's sub-genres. For instance, I associate rap with hip-hop, and I listen to instrumental, mellow hip-hop.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

There's nothing wrong with the stagnant that's your own opinion :)

• 9 years ago

Nothing. It's an opinion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

What? I'm confused...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.