How do I get rid of my adult acne? Clay Masks? Proactive?

Okay I am 22 and I have gotten some really bad acne. In High School it was not that bad, it was my first year of college when my acne started to get out of control. Now its all over my cheeks and starting to get under my chin.

I have tried Store brand and Name brand astringents and blackhead washes. I have tried the walmart brand of proactiv and ambi soap.

As I type I am trying out a bentonite clay mask made with clay powder sea salt and olive oil.

If anyone has any advice or tips I would be greatful. By the way I am black and I live in a warm state.

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY! THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Favorite Answer

Try OTC clerasil, mederma. It's for roseca and acne. It works really well, and is gentle. Go to a dermatologist and request metrogel, which is a topical gel. Good luck!

• Rita

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to �double bag' your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

The secret is never to touch the spots

Tips on how to treat acne and achieve perfect clear skin in as little as 7 days?

Ok if u live near a Walmart go there. Get St.Ives apricot scrub. And get clean and clear morning burst its orange. Wash ur face in the morning and the evening before u go to bed. If u have time I suggest the middle of the day. It should clear up and save u a lot of money. Trust me my acne is real bad and im 14 and its cleard up a lot:) hope IV helped

Source(s): My self

Ooo, the mask sounds nice.

I used proactiv to great effect (the real one), and my skin has continued to stay nice after I ran out. I'm wondering if the stress of college had an affect on your skin.

Another idea is birth control. Many types help control acne.