What is the name of this movie?

There is a scene where a women is remembering an event that happened in her past, it involved her child I believe, and the kid wanted to sleep with this toy horse thing, at least I think it was a horse, however, in the middle of the night the string or cord attached to the toy wraps around the child's neck and kills the child. That's really all I remember about the movie. If anyone could help that would be awesome.

Best Answer

Reunion (1994 TV movie)

starring Marlo Thomas, Peter Strauss, Frances Sternhagen, Courtney Chase, Leelee Sobieski, Victor Slezak, Susan Kellermann

IMDb review:

The story revolves around a woman named Jessie Yates, who, with her husband, Sam, has three children, the youngest of whom, Jamie, almost dies at birth then later perishes in a tragic accident {{as you describe in your question}}. Directed by actress Lee Grant, "Reunion" shows how one family deals or attempts to deal with the death of a child~a son who makes ghostly appearances witnessed at first by Jessie then later by one of the children. The script manages to tiptoe then jump into a dramatic and ghostly thriller wherein an angst-filled woman becomes tempted to cross over to the other side of reality. Or is it insanity?