What is wrong with nuclear power along with wind and solar power?

So, why do we need nuclear power? The truth is that our choice is not between nuclear power vs renewables. It is between nuclear power and coal. Where nuclear power plants are not built, coal power plants are built. For every nuclear power plant which is not built because of wind and solar power, there is a coal... show more So, why do we need nuclear power? The truth is that our choice is not between nuclear power vs renewables. It is between nuclear power and coal. Where nuclear power plants are not built, coal power plants are built. For every nuclear power plant which is not built because of wind and solar power, there is a coal plant which might not have been built and/or could be decommissioned we had nuclear power along with wind and solar power.
Why not end our dependence on fossil fuels and then decide whether we still want nuclear power?
Update: Hey Dook "You have left out one of the greatest and most cost effective sources of energy, and surely the safest and greenest: reducing WASTE." I have nothing against reducing waste. I also hve nothing against geothermal, hydroelectric or tidal power. We are at a critical juncture where every zero carbon option... show more Hey Dook

"You have left out one of the greatest and most cost effective sources of energy, and surely the safest and greenest: reducing WASTE."

I have nothing against reducing waste. I also hve nothing against geothermal, hydroelectric or tidal power. We are at a critical juncture where every zero carbon option must not be rejected out of hands. I also have not make a rant against reducing waste. Someone on YA did make a rant against nuclear power.
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiyMIULjEIDubXQMNqwmBh3BFQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20110322113345AAQqzof
Update 2: Bruce

"As I've said on numerous occasions we must dismantle all nuclear power stations all around the world."

Yeah Bruce, let's all live in caves instead.