Due to some reasons I formatted my pen drive and lost my important files.How can I recover my lost files?

My pendrive got locked , I don't know how? and I had to format it and in this process unknowingly I lost some of my important files. I want to recover them , How can I do it?

Favorite Answer

Deleting or formatting won't make the data in pen drive erased permanently.

Those deleted data is still stored on the USB drive, it's just invisible or inaccessible. So as long as those data are not overwritten by new data, it's highly possible to recover them. And the MOST Effective way is to rely on some format recovery programs.

Try this program called Asoftech Data Recovery. this data recovery program can recover data after deeply scaning your USB drive to look for lost data you accidentally deleted or formatted.

http://www.asoftech.com/adr/

Your data is most likely still there. There are free programs that can recover your data. Just follow this guide "The Deleted File Recovery Guide for Non-Geeks" it is written in plain language and will guide you through a few different recovery programs.

http://www.myfixlog.com/fix.php?fid=27

Just scroll down to the heading about recovering from "From a Flash Drive , Camera Memory Card or Ext. Hard Drive"

• Stuart

Once you have formatted your files on the pen drive, you have destroyed the files by overwriting them.

A forensic computer technician may be able to recover fragments of the files for you - it's unlikely the files would be able to be recovered in their original form. The cost for that service is astoundingly high.

Formatting a drive prompts a screen message that reads: "FORMATTING THIS DRIVE WILL DESTROY ALL DATA ON THE DRIVE. CONTINUE? (Y/N)". That message is designed to save your stuff by stopping you before it's too late.

Currently, "too late" was a while ago.

- Stuart