Minty
Minty asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What movie is this? Reminds me of bonnie & clyde?

So i've seen it on t.v. & it reminds me of bonnie & clyde but i dont think it is a remake of it. Theres a girl, and she has a few sons (idk if there was a dad around) and they all went on stealing sprees together. It was set back in around 1950 i think. In the end i remember it was only her & one of her sons setting in a house, and the cops came and killed them both.

Also one of the boys got plastic surgery to try & change his face so the cops wouldnt recognize him & he turned out really ugly. I might have 2 movies confused together.

thanks

your description sounds right-i tried it on netflix & it looked like it was a pretty old picture. This movie was set in older days but had a really good picture. & i remember one actress-alliysa milano was one of the sons girlfriend & he killed her & threw her in a pond.

yah im thinking its bloody mama. thanks guys :)

Favorite Answer

There are several movies about Ma Barker and her gang, mainly comprised of her sons. That's what your description reminds me of.

Bloody Mama (1970)

starring Shelley Winters, Pat Hingle, Don Stroud, Diane Varsi, Bruce Dern, Robert De Niro, Robert Walden, Scatman Crothers

IMDb synopsis:

A psychological gangster film based on fact. Machine gun totin' Ma Barker lead her family gang (her sons) on a crime spree in the Depression era. Her loyal brood have every perversion imaginable. The sadistic Herman sleeps with his Ma. When Fred Barker is released from prison, he brings home his cell mate/lover Kevin Dirkman, who also sleeps with Ma, much to Fred's chagrin. Lloyd Barker is a spaced-out drug addict who sniffs glue if nothing better is around. Ma kidnaps happy-go-lucky millionaire Sam Adams Pendlebury and holds him for ransom. Arthur Barker - Ma's wallflower son - and Herman's hooker lady friend Mona Gibson also figure in the story. The bloody finale is virtually choreographed and a visual stunner.

Two others are:

Ma Barker's Killer Brood (1960)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054041/

Public Enemies (1996) ~ This one is very glamourized.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114202/

However, the Barkers are not in the Fifties; they're back in the days of Bonnie and Clyde.

NEW EDIT: If Alyssa Milano is in it, it's "Public Enemies" (1996). I have the IMDb link to that above, with my other suggestions.

Source(s): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065481/ EDIT: When I arrived, there was no answer. I guess I spent too much time gathering information.

Ma Barker Movies

The first part of your description reminds me of Bloody Mama (1970) starring Shelley Winters.

Plot:

Shelley Winters brings a larger-than-life approach to her portrayal of real-life Ma Barker in Bloody Mama. Presiding over her outlaw gang, consisting mainly of her goonish sons, Ma goes on a Depression-era rampage of bank robbery, murder and kidnapping. Obviously filmed in a hurry-watch as the Barker mob drives past modern shopping centers -- Bloody Mama strives for an entertaingly sleazy aura, especially when dealing with the incestuous subtext of Ma's relationship with her boys. And look who plays the Barker brood: Clint Kimbrough, Robert Walden and Robert De Niro.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

So i've seen it on t.v. & it reminds me of bonnie & clyde but i dont think it is a remake of it. Theres a girl, and she has a few sons (idk if there was a dad around) and they all went on stealing sprees together. It was set back in around 1950 i think. In the end i remember it was only her &...

Source(s): movie reminds bonnie clyde: https://tr.im/FuWCB