Mister Gutsy asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Derrick Rose goes 6-22 with 4 TOs and Bulls still win. When will people admit he is not MVP?

His impact on the Bulls is minimal. The Bulls win because of team defense. They are #1 in the league in defense. Rose has nothing to do with that. He's a defensive liability.

The Bulls win because they get great production from their ridiculously underrated bench.

Rose has terrible efficiency stats. His FG% is abysmal. During this important post all star break stretch he's been shooting around 37%

Rose tries to choke away close games with bad shot selection and turnovers but his teammates bail him out.

Rose is a very good player, but when will people start giving his teammates and his coach the full credit they deserve? Rose helps his team win but Dwight Howard and other players have a much greater individual impact on their teams.

Best Answer

It's a good thing that some people actually pay attention. I have been saying this for weeks now. I was one of the poeple who crowned him MVP because all I saw was his performances against great teams. While that's good I gave the ENTIRE team credit to him which was wrong.

The Bulls win by DEFENSE and he is hardly a top-3 defender in that team.

• Mike

you're obviously not a smart basketball fan. He totally changes the way defenses scheme the team. They load up on the paint and leave the perimeter soft allowing deng and korver to hit the three pointers they do. He shot poorly sure. But he got to the free throw line 13 times making up for itr and almost gets a triple double 24, 7, and 7. And he really didn't even have his best game today and his impact was enormous. They would have lost if it wasn't for his play. They also would have lost if it wasn't for deng tonight. But they could have won without either boozer or Noah. And he's no longer a defensive liability at all. Their interior defense is what has lapses at times which is why kurt thomas gets the minutes at the end of the games instead of boozer. Or at least that was the case tonight. his defense is good and his defense in the fourth tonight was tremendous. Did you even watch the game

Noah and Boozer were both out for a portion of the season, and the Bulls are in 1st place in the east. There's no way that would have been possible without Derrick Rose. I wouldn't argue if Rose or Howard won MVP, the Magic would be nothing without Howard, but I think Rose is going to win it and I think he is deserving.

• Did you watch todays game? Rose made alot of his baskets in clutch time. If it wasnt for his basket with 9 seconds left.. the Bulls wouldnt have won.. Oh yeah he may have gone 6-22 with 4 TOs

But He also had 24 points 7 Assists and 7 Rebounds... think bout that Fact nerd..

Oh and BTW didn't Kobe go 6-24 last year in the finals.. and th lakers still won... .

He's not the MVP, top ten candidate, but not even close to Howard, Durant, Nowitzki, Kobe....

He makes the Bulls better, but his shooting really is dreadful, and not just in that game, his shooting percentage would probably rank as the lowest for MVP if he actually wins

Source(s): Chicago Bulls fan, i just got back from the Memphis game

That's like me saying that Kobe Bryant shot 6 for 22 from the field and because his team won he's not important.

Wow. Based Rose off one game. Why dont I pick Howards worse game and base his season on that? Anyways, he still flirted with a triple double, doing other stuff other than scoring.

STFU. Rose is the most important player on the Bulls and they have the second best record in the league. ROSE MVP

No one will care because he got the points in the 4th to give the Bulls the win.

LET ME SCHOOL U MY MAN

WHEN UR THE GREATEST ON THE TEAM U BURNOUT.. CASE IN POINT LEBRON JAMES IN THE CAVALIERS NOW HE GOT PEOPLE TO HELP HIM

JORDAN HAD PIPPEN AND RODMAN

IF HE DIDNT NO 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS