10 best Metal albums of 2010 and your top 5 of 2011 (so far?)?

2010 is done and gone, and long enough that pretty much even the late comers of the year like Agalloch should be properly digested by now. Likewise, with 2011 almost 1/4 of the way through, one would hope that one has found some real standouts for the year. I certainly have.... and while I thought 2010 was a... show more 2010 is done and gone, and long enough that pretty much even the late comers of the year like Agalloch should be properly digested by now. Likewise, with 2011 almost 1/4 of the way through, one would hope that one has found some real standouts for the year. I certainly have.... and while I thought 2010 was a great year for Metal.. 2011 might just manage to be better (even if there is no new Iron Maiden album this year!

MQ1) Your top 10 albums of 2010
(and your fave track from each if you feel like it)

MQ2) Your top 5 albums of this year, so far?
(and what you like about them)

MQ3) Albums you are still anticipating for 2011?
MQ4) Letdowns for 2010?
MQ5) Letdowns for 2011?

BQ- General opinion of 2010 for Metal? IS 2011 gonna be better, worse or the same?
Update: 2010 for the Peach (in no particular order) "The Final Frontier" - Iron Maiden "Death Came Through a Phantom Ship" - Caracah Angren "Relentless Retribution" - Death Angel "Warp Riders" - The Sword "The Wicked Symphony" - Avantasia "Vîrstele Pamîntului" - Negura Bunget "Everything Remains as It Never Was" -... show more 2010 for the Peach (in no particular order)

"The Final Frontier" - Iron Maiden
"Death Came Through a Phantom Ship" - Caracah Angren
"Relentless Retribution" - Death Angel
"Warp Riders" - The Sword
"The Wicked Symphony" - Avantasia
"Vîrstele Pamîntului" - Negura Bunget
"Everything Remains as It Never Was" - Eluveitie
"After" - Ihsahn
"Axioma Ethica Odini" - Enslaved
"The Epigenesis" - Melechesh
Update 2: so far for 2011, the standouts are: "Omnivium" by Obscura (OK so it technically ain't out til Tuesday.. I got it anyhow, mwahaha) "Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa" - Moonsorrow (love love love this album) and I also love me some: "V" Vreid" "Edge of the Earth" - Sylosis "Ukon Wacka" Korpiklaani show more so far for 2011,

the standouts are:
"Omnivium" by Obscura (OK so it technically ain't out til Tuesday.. I got it anyhow, mwahaha)
"Varjoina Kuljemme Kuolleiden Maassa" - Moonsorrow (love love love this album)

and I also love me some:
"V" Vreid"
"Edge of the Earth" - Sylosis
"Ukon Wacka" Korpiklaani