How do you know if there is a ghost in your house?

This morning, around 5 AM, I woke up really hot. I try to fall back to sleep, but fail to do so. When I open my eyes, I see a pale white figure standing in the middle of my room, angled at me, with gray something on his body (it seemed to be a man and it looked like gray cloth? Not positive.) At first I thought it... show more This morning, around 5 AM, I woke up really hot. I try to fall back to sleep, but fail to do so. When I open my eyes, I see a pale white figure standing in the middle of my room, angled at me, with gray something on his body (it seemed to be a man and it looked like gray cloth? Not positive.) At first I thought it was a man in my room, so I closed my eyes in fear. Although I closed my eyes, it seemed that I couldn't completely (because I was so scared) and I still faintly saw his shape. But, I managed to close my eyes enough so I didn't see anything. I prayed for about ten seconds and opened my eyes to see that the figure was gone. That scared me so much I turned the lights and couldn't go back to sleep. Usually I am not the one to believe in ghosts, never have. But, I am a Christian and I have read and heard of demon stories, and maybe ghosts are real.

Was that a ghost? Are ghosts real? How do I know? Was that just a figment of my imagination?

And no, I haven't watched any scary movies recently.