Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

If Elvis was the King of Rock, then what was Chuck Berry?

The father of RnR? Or do you think that the title of the king belongs to Chuck Berry?

Favorite Answer

OMG I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE FOREVER!!! Chuck Berry is totally the King. Elvis only got it because he's white. I mean I hate to do the whole race thing, but you have to remember that race was a big thing in those days. Black artists would make songs, but when their white counterparts would cover them, the cover would get more popular. Not that Elvis isn't cool or anything, but I think Chuck Berry was much better and was jipped on the title of the King. Elvis can be prince.

I see Elvis as King of Rock and Roll Performance. His stage presence, singing.

I see Chuck Berry and King of Rock and Roll Guitar Performance. Singing, dancing, and playing electric guitar in his own style, "Chuck Berry's Rock and Roll" or short hand Rock and Roll.

Yep. He is the baby daddy. I love Chuck Berry.

He was the daddy.

"All of Chuck's children are out there playing his licks" -- Bob Seger, "Rock and Roll Never Forgets"

The godfather of Rock.

He was the Zulu Shaman of rock.

You need to wake up.This same question was asked couple of hours ago.

Idk but i need the points so I can start down-thumbing morons