Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 9 years ago

Besides kissing how else can you get E.B.V.?

I just found out i have E.B.V. I dont feel sick or anything, but doctor told me i have it. I'm pretty sure i got it from my boyfriend he's the only one I've been kissing. I was just wondering if that means he was kissing other girl. or if theres another way he could of gotten it. I know he has for sure he's been feeling really sick for the pass week.

Favorite Answer

Catherine,

Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) is a common human virus that causes infectious mononucleosis and plays a role in the emergence of two rare forms of cancer, namely Burkitt's lymphoma, and nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Mononucleosis spreads by contact with moisture from the mouth and throat of a person who is infected with the virus. Kissing, sharing drinking glasses, eating utensils, and toothbrushes, or touching anything that has been near the mouth of an infected person, may result in transmission of the disease. If the virus lasts more than six months, it is frequently called chronic EBV infection. Some doctors think EBV is the cause of a chronic condition called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), although this has not been definitively proven.

ALL ANSWERS SHOULD BE THOROUGHLY RESEARCHED, IN ANY FORUM AND ESPECIALLY IN THIS ONE. - MANY ANSWERS ARE FLAWED.

It is extremely important to obtain an accurate diagnosis before trying to find a cure. Many diseases and conditions share common symptoms.

The information provided here should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed physician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.

Hope this helps

matador 89

if that is the same thing as mono then i dont think u have anything to worry about. it is easily caught. it is transferred through saliva of anysort. u could take a drink off from someones soda and catch it if they were carrying it. and u usually dont know u have it for a while.

Source(s): had mono no fun!!!