Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

How hard is it to get into west point?

Favorite Answer

I just finished with the application process to the academies and ended up being accepted to the naval academy and west point Class of 2015. The academies look for WELL ROUNDED people, they differ from regular colleges who mainly look for grades. West Point wants intelligent, athletic candidates that have taken part in leadership activities. To make your application look best for West Point you need to keep your grades up, get involved in sports and participate in leadership activities (they like captains of sport teams and boy scouts a lot). They really stress the leadership because there are a lot of smart and athletic students so make sure you get some leadership activities on your application. I didn't do boy scouts and wasn't the captain of any sports teams so I used flying as my leadership activities and stressed in my personal statement the leadership it took to fly airplanes and make commanding decisions to ensure the safety of yourself and your passengers. To address how hard it is to get into West Point it is very competitive. You are mainly competing with the people in your district and state to get the congressional nominations (once you have a nomination your chances of getting in are much higher). I believe West Point and the other academies have about an 8% acceptance rating. These ratings up to about 50% or so after you have your nomination. The medical knocks out a lot of people too. Good luck to you if you decide to apply.

• chau

Because West Point is a whole revel in to come to be the excellent of the excellent. You pass to university for four years at the Army's dime, whilst getting the excellent coaching and schooling. Being an Officer Candidate approach now not taking the convenient method out. And FYI, the careers of people who went to the Academies are frequently bigger than the ones from ROTC, they are able to get to a better rank simpler and will get favored billets simpler than people who joined from different resources.

As hard as becoming a Navy Seal .

quite hard- the acadamies rate up there with schools like hardvard and MIT in terms of academics.

Hardvard and MIT are easier to get into.

difficult. and rightfully so -... ....