Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 9 years ago

Seventh Grade and Eigth grade math?

what is seventh grade math more like and what is eighth grade math more like? as in algrebra/geometry.

Best Answer

7th Grade:

- Solving 1 and 2 step equations

- Graphing

- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing negative numbers

- Geometry

- Ratio/Proportions

8th Grade

- Solving 2 and 3 step equations

- Graphing equations

- Slope intercept form

- Solving/Graphing inequalities

- Square roots

- Systems of equations

- Basic Algebra

Ah, 7th and 8th grade math. Those were the days when I never had to study for math, ever.

In 7th grade, all I did was sorta like a prealgebra. It's really simple. You learn what slope is and stuff.

In 8th grade, I took algebra I. (It's different for other schools, some take prealgebra in 8th grade and some take geometry)

Algebra I is simple. Like 2X - 4 = 17, solve for X. Easy. :)

I took geometry and algebra II as a freshman in high school.

Geometry is annoying when you take it because there are all the postulates and theorems you have to memorize. (For me I had to memorize them word for word :( ...) But, geometry is mostly common sense, stuff you learned way back in the day.

It's overall easy, I wish I was in 7th and 8th grade again!

Seventh grade math is just variables and simple equations and all that crap.

In eight grade you start to touch into a little bit more of Algebra with functions, and Geometry, you also start to do more complex equations.

algebra is soooooo easy. basically the hardest that you will see is quadratics and those are fairly easy.

Source(s): im in algebra as an eighth grader