Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 9 years ago

Seventh Grade and Eigth grade math?

what is seventh grade math more like and what is eighth grade math more like? as in algrebra/geometry.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

7th Grade:

- Solving 1 and 2 step equations

- Graphing

- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing negative numbers

- Geometry

- Ratio/Proportions

8th Grade

- Solving 2 and 3 step equations

- Graphing equations

- Slope intercept form

- Solving/Graphing inequalities

- Square roots

- Systems of equations

- Basic Algebra

• 9 years ago

Ah, 7th and 8th grade math. Those were the days when I never had to study for math, ever.

In 7th grade, all I did was sorta like a prealgebra. It's really simple. You learn what slope is and stuff.

In 8th grade, I took algebra I. (It's different for other schools, some take prealgebra in 8th grade and some take geometry)

Algebra I is simple. Like 2X - 4 = 17, solve for X. Easy. :)

I took geometry and algebra II as a freshman in high school.

Geometry is annoying when you take it because there are all the postulates and theorems you have to memorize. (For me I had to memorize them word for word :( ...) But, geometry is mostly common sense, stuff you learned way back in the day.

It's overall easy, I wish I was in 7th and 8th grade again!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Seventh grade math is just variables and simple equations and all that crap.

In eight grade you start to touch into a little bit more of Algebra with functions, and Geometry, you also start to do more complex equations.

• 9 years ago

algebra is soooooo easy. basically the hardest that you will see is quadratics and those are fairly easy.

Source(s): im in algebra as an eighth grader
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.