Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

HELP!!! MY DAD IS CHATING ON MY MOM?

okay i'm 13 and i have a BIG problem

okay so my dad and i arent that close and in fact we hardly ever talk. okay so two nights ago i was supposed to be sleeping over night at a museum for a class trip thing but that got cancelled so i ended up at home that night by myself. and also my mom is gone this week for a business trip so she wasn't there either. so my dad thought no one was at home. okay on tuesday night i was sitting in the swing on our front porch w/ a girlfriend of mine and we were just hanging out. then my dad's car drove up and there was a woman in the passengers seat. he parked the car (he didnt notice us yet) and he was MAKING OUT with her and tocuhing her all over. i yelled and when i yelled he heard me and drove off with the woman.

then about an hour later he came back home and he was furious with me, he said that if i told anyone he would kick me out of the house "or worse". he yelled at me about how it's not my business and i shouldnt have been outside etc.

my parents are very close and were highschool sweet hearts what can i do??? i'm so scared!!

PEOPLE answer the question I meant CHEATING

Favorite Answer

You're only 13. Kicking you out of the house would be child endangerment. Threatening to do it "or worse" is emotional abuse and threatening. Score -3 for the man who fathered you. His behavior is NOT very fatherly at all.

It IS your business. DO tell your mother that you caught him AND that he threatened you. And, just in case your mom doesn't believe you, bring your friend along to back up your story about seeing him.

If this man threatens you again, call Child Services or the Department of Children and Families. (same thing, different name)

And DO know that if they get divorced, it's your FATHER'S fault, and NOT yours. HE'S the one who is cheating.

I'm sorry you are in the middle of this situation, this isn't a place for a young guy to be.

First of all, your dad can't and wont kick you out of your own house. He only told you that because he was angry and afraid that you would tell your mom and he doesn't want that.

Personally, I would tell your mom if you have a good relationship with her. More than likely there have been other signs that she has not mentioned to you or this will be the final peice of the puzzle that will make everything else clear. Maybe before breaking the news you can talk to a guideance counselor at school or something and get another adult's view on this?

So sorry about that. No kid should have to carry such a thing. Threats are the last resort of a desperate person. His sin will find him him out...eventually. Besides, no parent can legally kick out a 13 year old into the streets. That's called child neglect to anyone under 18. Again, I'm so sorry. Don't know if you're a person of faith, but I'm praying for you and your family. I know how tough it can be. My wife cheated on me and divorced me and my kids to be with some butt-wipe she has already tossed away. Lives should not be that disposable, but still, they are. My sympathies are with you.

lol yall take him seriously! xD

Well honestly I wouldn't care if I told on him. I would worry but the best thing you should do is tell your mom, and then you tell her exactly what he said when he threaten you. Just so you can be safe.

He probably said those things because he got caught and he's really scared and worried his self.

And if he does try to kick you out, you have your mother on your side.

What he is doing is just plain wrong. Best thing you can do is tell your mom in private that you really have something important to tell her. Good luck and be careful. Watch over yourself because I really don't know how your dad is.

Source(s): If your mom dont believe you, show her this question your put up. Just in case.

Interesting story, but I doubt if it's true. However, in the event that it is, do this: Go to your mother, tell her the story. Bring your friend over to verify the story. Tell your mother to say nothing, but to get a lawyer. Have her check the most recent tax returns and make copies of them. Tell her that a single man should be able to live in a reasonably bad neighborhood for about $500 per month. Have her calculate the child support on anything over $500. Then she should nail him for the car. He can go green and ride a bike to work.

I'd write more for you, but I'm getting bored.

You need to tell your mother. Now. I was 4 when my dad cheated on my mom and my brothers were 14 &15. I don't remember it but they do. They helped my mom through it. Maybe your parents can work it out or maybe this is your dad's way of wanting out of the marriage. But you need to tell your mother.

As hard as its gonna be I agree with the others you must tell your Mother. How dare your dad threaten you that way.Baby Girl this will be one of the hardest things you will ever do.And your dad is gonna call you a liar (thank god you have a witness) but you need to tell her. Its the RIGHT thing to do. Good Luck baby girl

I am very, very sorry that this is happening to your family.

Your dad can't kick you out of the house when you are 13. That would be child abuse and he would be arrested for it. He's scared and he's trying to scare you. Unfortunately, you have to be the adult in this situation because your dad isn't.

You need to sit down with your dad and tell him that it IS your business. His marriage to your mom is the foundation of your family, and it hurts you, your siblings, your mom and him when he makes out with another woman. Tell him that he needs to be honest with your mom about it and get help for his problem and for his marriage, or you will have to tell your mom yourself, because you will not lie for him (and pretending you didn't see it is a lie).

Give him, like, a week. Say, "It's Thursday night at 7 p.m. You have a full week to tell mom. If you don't, I will tell her myself next Thursday night at 7 p.m." If you can't stand waiting that long, give him 48 hours. Or 24 hours.

If he doesn't come clean, you're going to have to be brave and tell your mother when you say you will. She might not believe you, so be prepared for that. But really, most women who are being cheated on have a feeling, so she might not be all that surprised.

It will be tough, but you can get through this. Praying for you!

-Tell your mom

-Remind your mom that she has value and she is worth more than a cheating husband

Do you really want your mom with a guy who cheats on her? I know it's hard but over 50% of American Marriages end in divorce so you are not alone in this situation. Like all hard times, this'll pass and you'll experience good times again in the future.

Focus on getting pass this and you'll be alright.

As hard as it would be, it would be right to tell your mom. Better she find out from you than someone else. Do you want her to go on living with and loving an unfaithful man? It is not right at all for your dad to threaten you to keep a secret of his cheating.