My fiance was removed from country because of this but what does it mean?

Aliens Present Without Admission or Parole [Effective April 1, 1997.]

Under the new INA §212(a)(6)(A)(i), an alien present in the United States without being admitted or paroled, or who arrives in the United States at any time or place other than as designated by the Attorney General, is inadmissible. An exception exists for certain battered women and children under the new INA §212(a)(6)(A)(ii)

Please help. He came here under some relief after hurricane mitch. He was granted voluntary departure and we are not sure if he recieved a ban. Does anyone know where we can find this information. We dont have any papers from the immigration court after he was granted voluntary departure

Update:

no he had tps he has been here most his life he was denied for it and kept reappling but never got a notification why he was denied...i have seen a lawyer but we are missing the papers from the immigrations judge to find out really why he was given voluntary departure and if he has a ban

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It means he can't enter America.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

If he doesn't have papers saying he can reside in the US, then he's here illegally. And as Hurricane Mitch occurred in '98 (13 years ago), I'm pretty sure any provision which would have let him stay for "relief" expired A LONG TIME AGO.

And, it's been a while since I've dealt with this, but "voluntary departure" means that the immigrant agrees to go back his/her native country (rather than being forcibly deported). The US can't "grant" someone voluntary departure from a foreign country - because US laws have no force there.

From the sound of it, here is what happened: Your bf came to the US (possibly legally/possibly illegally) in 1998. He was supposed to leave, but didn't. He went to immigration court and agreed to voluntary departure. But lied and didn't "depart."

Then the government caught up with him and deported him....because he was a criminal (residing in the US without permission, lying in court, failing to follow court orders are all crimes....despite some people wanting them to not be crimes.)

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

There is only one problem. Hurricane Mitch was in 1998. It is 2011. So if his country that granted "temporary protection" hasn't recovered in 13 years, it isn't going to ever recover, lol. He is an illegal immigrant, and if he was deported, he will be banned from entering the US for at least ten years.

However, you can return to his home county with him. They might need you, after all, it's taking thirteen years to rebuild from that hurricane. They could use some good smart intelligent people such as yourself to recover from the thirteen year long hurricane.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You will need to speak to an aila lawyer ...

we can onlt assume he was on TPA .. went back then tried to return illegally ...

and thats just a guess

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.