My husband wants to start a new business, need advice!?

my husband and me found this great franchise that we got interested in.When we started looking my plan was just to get an idea and maybe look at starting something up in the next couple of years. We have 2 small children and have tons of expenses so its difficult if he had to quit his job and me to cover all the... show more my husband and me found this great franchise that we got interested in.When we started looking my plan was just to get an idea and maybe look at starting something up in the next couple of years. We have 2 small children and have tons of expenses so its difficult if he had to quit his job and me to cover all the expenses.But my husband really got interested in the business and wanted to start right away so he paid the deposit with his own funds.Im really nervous right now because he barely has any money or savings, Im giving him 40% of the funding to start this business and the rest he will finance. Not only im giving my savings but im going to bear the burden of the household expenses till his business starts making money which means im going to spend more of my savings.Just like everyone else, we have no equity in our home right now and i suffered a huge loss in monthly income because of the economy, the money that i have saved is all we have (however, i am not putting all the $$ i have into the business, I will still have savings left over). I want to give him a chance and the business venture is good but because he really has not progressed a whole lot in his life (he's a very laid back person) i do not have 100% confidence that he will succeed.What would you do in my shoes? Should I give him a chance and take this risk?
Update: and btw the deposit paid is a small amount which we can let go if needed.