Anonymous

are australians ugly because of inbreeding?

i read on a question that australians are mainly inbred

does this explain...the...lack of aesthetics amongst australians

Update:

I read the large majority of white australians dont have convict ancestry

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Paris Paris, I have to disagree on that one. Just because a few Aussie women you've seen look like guys, doesn't mean we all do. Look at Nicole Kidman, Naomi Watts, Rachel Griffiths, Toni Collette, Isla Fisher, Miranda Kerr, Melissa George... I could keep going, but there's a bunch of gorgeous Aussie women for you.

And no, the vast majority of Australians do NOT have convict ancestry. Most of us are descended from the European free settlers. There were a lot of people coming from Europe around the same time convicts were being transported. Word had spread in Europe about the vast expanses of unused land, and people came from the other side of the world to claim some. There were probably more free settlers than there were convicts - in fact, some convicts were assigned as servants to settler families, and some convicts built roads and bridges as towns were developing due to the arrival of more and more settlers. They are whom most Australians are descended from. And those few who ARE descended from convicts have nothing to be ashamed of - most of them had not done anything that we would consider a crime these days. Quite a few young women were transported to Australia as convicts for becoming pregnant as a result of being raped. Many people were servants in England who had dared to report their employers for being abusive or not paying them, and their (usually wealthy, high profile) employers had them transported for being 'troublemakers.' Some of them were actually deemed not guilty by the English courts but transported anyway because they had some vital skills that could be useful in the 'new country' (carpenters, blacksmiths etc). The bridges and roads they built and the farmland they slaved over helped boost Australia's fledgling economy and infrastructure and helped to become the country it is today. Being descended from a convict is nothing to be ashamed of.

By the way, If you want to look an incest, look at the British royal family. Queen Elizabeth and her husband Prince Phillip - their grandmothers were first cousins.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, the most common side effect in offspring of inbreeding is down syndrome if inbreeding was so common in Australia there would be extremely high %'s of people suffering from down syndrome and there isn't here, so please educate yourself. As for being 'ugly' i think that's wishful thinking and an inferiority complex, on your part.

• Tom C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yeah Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are just ugly people. Its crazy. Just....ugly.

...er what?

• 1 decade ago

Yes. It is rooted in history and genetics. The White australians are all descendents of criminals/mentally disabled people; furthermore, there was not enough women, therefore inbreeding took place. This created a race of people who are inbred from defective Brits. There was also a tendency for heavy drinking which causes a lot of fetal alcohol syndrome.

That is why Australians look slightly deformed and/or re-tarded.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think Australians are ugly. In fact, they are quite the opposite.

• 1 decade ago

a lot of aussie guys ive seen have been hot.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.