DS: Experiences with TOTW?

Just wanted to see what people's experiences have been with Taste Of The Wild. I just switched my Doberman on to it a couple of weeks ago now. He was originally on Wellness (Adult Large Breed formula). I think both brands are great, only difference being that the TOTW is completley grain free while the... show more Just wanted to see what people's experiences have been with Taste Of The Wild.

I just switched my Doberman on to it a couple of weeks ago now.
He was originally on Wellness (Adult Large Breed formula). I think both brands are great, only difference being that the TOTW is completley grain free while the Wellness one did have some grains (healthy grains).
I didn't really have the intention to switch but the pet store had run out of Wellness and it would take at least a week for it to come in and we didn't have enough food to last him until then. So I figured I would try TOTW out.

I changed it gradually but only really over a couple of days as that was how much food was left (TOTW's bag recommends 7 or 8 days).
So it's been a couple of weeks and I'm not really happy with how his stool has been looking - soft, pretty frequent - it's obvious that it's not agreeing with him 100%.

I thought it would kind of clear up after a week or so. But it hasn't. So I'm trying to figure out if anyone has had any experience with foods like this maybe being too "rich" for their dogs or anything like that. Has anyone had this experience?

And no, I'm not calling the vet because this isn't something that a vet needs to figure out.
Update: Or maybe I should add some rice/pasta to the food until he gets used to it because I couldn't make the switch over the recommended time?
Update 2: I'm PRETTY sure he's on the salmon one right now. Good to hear people's experiences with it though - I'm also not sure 100% grain free in ALL dogs is a good thing. I guess I'll have to see how the rest of this bag plays out and if it doesn't correct itself then switch back to Wellness. Interesting about the... show more I'm PRETTY sure he's on the salmon one right now.
Good to hear people's experiences with it though - I'm also not sure 100% grain free in ALL dogs is a good thing. I guess I'll have to see how the rest of this bag plays out and if it doesn't correct itself then switch back to Wellness.
Interesting about the scavenging part - I will have to see what he does the next time I bring him to the horse barn! Although he always seems to have an interest with horse poop - a lot of dogs do I noticed...weird....
Update 3: Yeah I was thinking of adding some rice - maybe I will try that and see if it helps.
Update 4: Yeah usually I can just switch him over with very little no issues. I have already switched him from Blue Buffalo to Wellness and then Wellness to TOTW - because you ARE my idol ;) lol. I just shed a tear thinking of feeding my dog Bambi, thanks a lot! He usually does well on fish blends - I'm just really sick of... show more Yeah usually I can just switch him over with very little no issues. I have already switched him from Blue Buffalo to Wellness and then Wellness to TOTW - because you ARE my idol ;) lol.
I just shed a tear thinking of feeding my dog Bambi, thanks a lot!
He usually does well on fish blends - I'm just really sick of this soft serve ice cream poop. "Hey, can you pick your dog's poop up?" "Sure, do you have a hose I can use?".