Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

In today's society, is it necessary for women to wear makeup in order to be considered attractive?

This is actually quite a personal question, even though it sounds like it just about culture. I'm 16 and I've only worn makeup several times in my life, both for school dances. Apart from not liking how makeup feels and not having time to do it every morning, I just don't know how to use it. I was never taught, or never learned.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, am I going to be seen as less attractive if I don't wear makeup all the time? And is it strange that I don't wear it?

Best Answer

This is a pretty broad question.

No, you don't have to go over the top and wear lots of eye liner and paint your cheeks pink and wear lip stick all that to be attractive.

However, I don't think there is any denying that using a little make up to fill your pores, hide blemishes, and and cover pimples will certainly improve your look. Even men wear makeup for this purpose with going on television.

I actually like less makeup on girls, but if you're going to a big event or something that requires you to dress up, it can be nice to go all out with makeup every once in a while.

You should just go to a department store and tell the lady at the makeup department you're not used to wearing much makeup but you want to try something out and I'm sure they will be glad to present you with a few options. Then you can experiment for yourself!!

Also, there are an infinite amount of articles on the internet you could read for advice.

No

but

in todays society, women are higher up the chain than ever they have been, and attention to detail in personal grooming IS considered, coupled with the fact a lot of women feel more confident when wearing make up, then it can be classed as necessary, but not from the perspective of being considered attractive

whether we like it or not, approve or not, we are judged on how we look

but since we have all these opportunities

women also have the opportunity not to wear make up

if you feel confident enough without it, i say good for you

long may that continue

I was never taught either I picked up tricks from Mags and online.

Some people look beautiful without make up but others look better with makeup enhancing their eyes and stuff. I could never go with out make up cuz i look kinda boyish without it. And it makes me feel really good having it on :) Its not strange that u don't wear it. It just means ur comfortable with yourself and don't think u need make up to help with your looks :) Thats a good thing. I wish I could be like that!

Source(s): me :)
  • shelly

you have to be yourself and be happy with yourself frist you dont need to wear make up all the time its not good for the skin let your face breath for a lil while your still young. i didnt wear make up tell i was in 12th grade in high school about to graduate because my skin is every clear and i have no problems with it i would wait for a lil bit. just put on some lip gloss on and mascara and a lil bit of natrual eye shadow and thats all you really need it makes you look cute and you hardy have anything on it makes your face at your age glow a lil bit thats what you want. stay away from the foundations tell your older thats my thought.

women who wear makeup just stand out more, the ones who don't wear makeup kind of just blend with the crowd. makeup is a good thing as long as its makeup with no chemicals and not too much.

No, it isn't necessary. If you ask me, natural beauty is always better but that's just my opinion. There's nothing wrong with make up though. I wear it occasionally. It isn't strange at all that you don't wear make up. It's actually normal. Make up can enhance or take away from your beauty. It's all up to you.

of course not! its all about face shape bangs dont look good on everyone personally i think sideswept bangs look cute on most people but it doesnt matter people with no bangs look cute to just look at stars and so called attractive women w/o bangs

no if any one only likes you and finds you attractive when you have make up on then they are not the right person for you. i know so many guys that don't like when girls where make up.

No.

It's part of boosting one's confidence.

not if there pretty enough to pull it off