Trip To Fiji islands?

I am plannin on going on a trip to Fiji with a friend. I live in South Carolina and im trying to buy tickets but it wont load on expedia ( it keeps saying no flights). Do i have to buy one ticket to LA then buy ticket to Fiji from there? How much is the average cost to go to Fiji? (for anyone who has been there) Is it a good place to go on vacation for a week, or would you choose somewhere else. We were also considering the Virgin Islands. (but we do not want to go to Hawii).

Favorite Answer

Trip To Fiji islands?

I havent been to Fiji but am going in a months time. To be honest looking into it more I should of looked at going to tahiti or cook islands as they are more unspoilt. The problem with Fiji is you have to fly in to the main Island landing at Nadi then get the very overpriced ferry to the outer Islands. The ferry goes roughly 5 times a day so if you have an evening arrival you are forced to stay the night in Nadi which is a little grubby from what ive read. Accomodation is anything from £100-700 a night!!! I would consider due to the cost doing 3 nights in Fiji and possibly 4 nights somewhere else i.e. NZ or OZ. This can all be made possible and fairly cheap through buying an RTW ticket. I recommend hotels.com, booking.com, ebookers.com, hostelworld or hostelbookers (they still offer hotels and not just hostels)

For the flights I can recommend getting an RTW ticket, some companies in the UK such as roundtheworldexperts or roundtheworldflights offer good deals on these tickets. If you google those two companies you will see alot of intfo on their site which will answer your question more in depth.

Hope I helped

Source(s): This is info I gained from previous trips and also for planning my current trip.