Severe pain after root-canal. No pain-killers working. Dentist is admant it wll go away?

Had a root-canal on monday morning. Pain started Tuesday 3am. Went dentist and she claims "oh it happens and will wear off"..It feels like other teeth also have pain and feels just like an infection pain. I can't sleep or eat or anything...Its not sensative to hot or cold but really dully, and... show more Had a root-canal on monday morning. Pain started Tuesday 3am. Went dentist and she claims "oh it happens and will wear off"..It feels like other teeth also have pain and feels just like an infection pain. I can't sleep or eat or anything...Its not sensative to hot or cold but really dully, and something touches it it's really sensative...I never had post-root-canal pain like this..The dentist says it can happen. She says to wait until Friday? I already took more pain-killers then I should..Anyone go through this before?