Where did we get the concept that God is all loving the bible hates the wicked everyday?

"...God is angry with the wicked every day." —Psalm 7:11

Malachi 1:2-3 declares, “’I have loved you,’” says the LORD. But you ask, 'How have you loved us?' ‘Was not Esau Jacob's brother?’ the LORD says. ‘Yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.’”

Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version):

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Yes, God is Love but also wrath and a trillion other things....He is GOD and not LOVE alone...He is indescribable....I think if people realize this they will not be disappointed when they were told GOD is ONLY love.

Favorite Answer

In the N.T. God and Christ 'hate the deeds of the Nicolatitans'.

But to answer the question - Where did we get this concept? I am SURE it comes from Rev22:18, people 'adding' words to Gods' testimony(as if He cannot speak

plainly[Dt27:8,Nu12:8,Nh8:8,Hb2:2,Pv8:9] for Himself.

• imrod

John 3:16 (New International Version, ©2011)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 4:8 (New International Version, ©2011)

8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

He never once says he hates them in the new testament, Im a Catholic so its pretty all that matters.

i dont get these verses.

@imrod, but wouldnt that contradict the passages above?