Is Netflix down? (3/21/2011)?

Trying to log on to my Netflix account using 3 different browsers and it won't work for any of them. Anyone else having issues or possibly information? thanks! I'm basically addicted to this site..

Favorite Answer

Yes..We’re sorry, the Netflix website and the ability to instantly watch movies are both temporarily unavailable.

However, our shipping centers are continuing to send and receive DVDs so your order is in process as usual.

Our engineers are working hard to bring the site and ability to watch instantly back up as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and, again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-877-445-6064.

Source(s): www.netflix.com

Hey all -

Down here in Michigan..Called 1-888-638-3549. Got the whole automated message of 'we're currently working on this problem....' answer, still wanted to speak with someone. Here in MI we've been experiencing a lot of rain lately, so that can/will interfere with cable and the like sometimes.

Only had to wait about 1 minute to speak with a real live person. Very friendly. I started out with saying "hey, I'm sure this is about the only question you've had all day, BUT...is your server down or is a more serious problem with a longer wait for a repair?" Immediately because I was was cool about it and related to him most likely being sick of answering this he told me (I don't know if it's a MI only or region or country-wide number I called, mind you) that most likely that's what they are looking at, and very rarely are they ever down longer than 2 hours. He said to try back every 15 minutes or so. He went on to be able to verify my account and said (without any smoke blown any where, lol...he was being honest I could tell) that it really should not be down much longer at all. Again, everyone should call the number I wrote at the top of this response to see what's going on in their area or ask more ?s that they want answered. I did go on to tell him that on Yahoo that many people from all over the US were having the same problems, and the post started Monday. So..there you have it, hope this may help some.

Again, my wait time on the above mentioned number was less than 2 minutes total. Not bad considering. Hope we're all back to watching our favorite mindless movies and tv again soon lol!!

..I actually was starting mine up for my son, but thank GOD for DVR, and that I have that as a backup on his faves!!

...If you're wanting to watch some movies or television series, www.sidereel.com is a GREAT site as far as their selection.

Source(s): http://www.sidereel.com/ for watching some good movies/TV in the mean time http://www.contacthelp.com/directory/Internet/Web+... for the customer service number

Tuesday March 22, 2011 @ 9:12 CST - Tuscaloosa Alabama

I travel constantly and have considered membership with Netflix for many years. Finally decided to give it a try and joined up March 21. The first time I tried to utilize the service, the site is down. That figures!

The Netflix site appears down in NYC (3/22/2011) @ 8 PM.

Logged onto Netflix a few hours ago and did not even get to the home page! Tried again about an hour ago and it said that network / system engineers were trying feverishly to regain live streaming ability and that yes the site is currently down. 5:55pm California time.

www.Netflix.com

Source(s): www.Netflix.com

Down in Ohio as of 8:19pm Tuesday March 22, 2011

Source(s): Netflix

Netflix is down in MS as well. Maybe Netflix will take this moment to make every movie they rent to watch instantly... They can mail discs all day long, but for the travel time i can pay a dollar a night to redbox... Netflix, here's an idea, for every actual new "new release" you rent on watch instantly, charge a dollar. Or even a flat rate for the month... You'd save money on postage to invest in memory, and increase market share!!! Then user can get e-v-e-r-y thing...instantly(magic noise)...

• Netflix back up in 78245, San Antonio, TX 9:41 PM

Source(s): netflix.com

Still down on the PC, still watching Xena on Netflix with our Nintendo Wii (Columbus Ohio), 3 episodes down, no issues with the Wii so far, thankfully. Anyway, if you have a Wii connected, try it, working for us.

I need it back up and running on my PC though, hogging the tv isnt making the family happy, lol.

Firefox and chrome not working but I've seen tweets that claim that PS3 works. Netflix is keeping the whole thing hush hush and no updates have been made since it went down hours ago.