Is dried fruit bad as a mid-morning snack?

I am a track and field athlete and wondering if dried fruit (contain sugar) is bad for a mid-morning snack. Will it affect my endurance or anything in anyway?

Here are the ingredients

Ingredients: Apples (Apples, Sugar, Malic Acid, Ascorbic Acid), Peaches (Peaches, Sugar, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid), Plums (Plums, Sugar, Sunflower Oil), Rhubarb (Rhubarb, Sugar, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Fruit and Vegetable Juice (for color), Sunflower Oil).

(These are Estella's Pantry dried fruit by the way)

Update:

1/4 cup has 120 calories and 23 g of sugar

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Miaka
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes that is bad. Look at the grams of sugar is in that pack. It's probably 70% added sugar. Eat dried fruit that doesn't contain added sugar or eat the whole fresh fruit. You don't want the sugar that is added in there like 4 times. Also the 'natural flavors' aren't natural at all. They are essential oils with no added msg. Artificial flavors contain msg so they are worse for you but natural flavors aren't great either.

• 9 years ago

Absolutely not!

VERY healthy snack, the sugars are natural so good for you

maybe eat a little less than ¼ cup so you arent eating over a hundred calories but a very healthy snack!

hope this helped!

EDIT: there is added sugar so that might cause a crash since you are an athlete, try ones that say all natural or no sugar added

• 3 years ago

Raisins are dehydrated grapes that are warmth dried. The well being income of raisins is they're an antioxidant. those help save the blood sparkling and flowing. They do away with all unclean impurities in the blood, raisins can not do the activity on my own, there are different culmination and juices that act as antioxidants and mutually they are able to cleanse the blood and make you greater healthy. Raisins are pronounced to useful for bone density. The minerals in raisins mutually with estrogen in females help in making bones better and dodge osteoporosis. Raisins are additionally large for healthy gums and the teeth. however raisins are sticky and very candy, they don't reason the teeth decay ore gum ailment. the foremost element in raisins that help sell good oral hygiene is noted as phytonutrients and olenolic acid. Raisins are additionally a preventative degree for macular degeneration, it quite is the well being of your eyesight. purely as carrots are good to your eyesight as are raisins. overall, raisins help with eyesight, oral hygiene and that they act as antioxidants. Raisins are candy and large tasting and sell good well being. they seem to be a greater ideal snack than some issues yet worse than some to.

• 9 years ago

I don't see it as a huge problem since you are an athlete. Too much sugar can cause a crash but real fruit is certainly better than candy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Fruit juice is fine in moderation

Careful though, it has plenty of sugar!

• 9 years ago

Nope .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.